A CORRIMAL woman and a Fairy Meadow teenager were two of nine people charged with property theft offences following an ongoing operation in the Illawarra region.
The operation is targeting thefts from motor vehicles. Following a lengthy investigation, officer attached to the operation yesterday (Tuesday June 5), arrested nine people allegedly involved in theft offences.
Vehicles parked on streets have been the major target and police are asking members of the public to ensure cars are secured and if possible park in a well lit areas.
Among those arrested were a 20-year-old Corrimal woman who was charged with making a false statement. She was granted bail to attend Wollongong Local Court on July 17. The 16-year-old Fairy Meadow youth was charged with break and enter and was bailed to appear at Port Kembla Children’s Court on June 26.
Operation Puma has arrested 52 people and laid 182 charges since it’s commencement in April. The operation is a joint initiative formed by the South Region Command utilising staff from Wollongong and Lake Illawarra Local Area Commands. Others arrested were:
- 38-year-old, Flinders woman charged with good in custody and furnish false statement. She is due to appear Wollongong Local Court on July 3.
- 39-year-old Koonawarra man was charged with break, enter and steal and malicious damage. He was refused bail to appear at Wollongong Local Court today.
- 17-year-old Mt Warrigal youth was charged with malicious damage. He is due to appear at Port Kembla Children’s Court on June 18.
- 29-year-old Unanderra man was charged with a warrant. He was refused bail to appear at Wollongong Local Court yesterday.
- 21-year-old Mangerton woman was charged with receiving stolen property, good in custody and provide false statement. She was granted bail to appear at Wollongong Local Court on June 26.
- 37-year-old Wollongong woman was charged with take and drive conveyance, receiving stolen property and provide false statement. She received bail to appear in Wollongong Local Court on June 26.
- 36-year-old Figtree woman was charged with receiving stolen property, good in custody and provide false statement.