WOLLONGONG City Council will close its offices from Saturday December 22 to January 1 inclusive, but a number of services will continue through the 2012/2013 holiday season. Council services provided during the holiday period include the following:
- Botanic Garden – Closed Christmas Day.
- Community Facilities – Bookings occurring across the closure period will use the self access system.
- Community Transport – service will cease on December 21 and resume on January 14. Bookings can be made from January 2.
- Crematorium and Cemeteries – open every day during the Christmas and New Years Period. The Crematorium & Cemeteries Office is open weekdays only from 9am to 5pm (except Public Holidays).
- Customer Service Centre and Call Centre – Council will close from 3pm on December 21 and from midday on December 24; the office will reopen on January 2. Customer Service online is available on Council’s Website. Online requests for service will be considered on January 2.
– Corrimal, Dapto, Thirroul and Warrawong will close from midday on December 24 and reopen on January 2.
– Helensburgh and Unanderra will close from midday on December 22 and reopen on January 2.
– Wollongong Central Library will close from midday on December 24 and reopen on December 27. Closed on January 1 and reopen on January 2.
- Mobile Toilet Cleaning – Holiday operation on public holidays and normal weekend and week day operations on the other days during the closure period.
- Leisure Centres – Closed on Christmas day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day. Reduced hours from December 24 to January 6.
- On Call Household Clean Up Service will not operate between December 21 and January 7.
- Public Swimming Pools – closed on Christmas Day only.
- Regulation and Enforcement
– Parking Rangers – two Parking Rangers will be on duty every day, except for the Public Holidays.
– Animal Control Officer – One Animal Control Officer will be on duty every day, except for the Public Holidays. On the Public Holidays one (1) Animal Control Officer and one (1) Investigating Officer will be On Call.
- Russell Vale Golf Course – closed on Christmas Day only
- Street and Gutter and Mechanical Broom – Holiday operation on Public Holidays and normal weekend and week day operations on the other days during the closure period.
- Waste collections will take place on scheduled days with the exception of Christmas Day. Waste and Recycling services that fall due on Christmas Day will be collected on Wednesday December 26. Between December 25 and January 2 residents should contact Remondis on (02) 4272 0300 for any recycling, green waste and domestic waste collection service difficulties.
- Whytes Gully Waste Disposal Depot – closed Christmas Day only. Open 8am to 4pm on New Year’s Day. Open 7.30am to 4.30pm on week days and 8am to 4pm on weekend days during the closure period.
- Wollongong City Gallery – closed on December 25 and 26 and January 1.
- Wollongong and Warrawong Youth Centres – closed from December 21 to January 2 inclusive.
- Volunteering Illawarra – closed from December 20 to January 1 inclusive.
For more information you can contact Council’s Customer Service on (02) 4227 7111 or visit Council’s website.