WOLLONGONG City Council will celebrate the 25th anniversary of Clean Up Australia Day on Sunday with a focus on waterways, road sides, parks, reserves, beach and bushland areas.
Wollongong Lord Mayor Gordon Bradbery said: “This is a great day to get acquainted with your neighbours and your neck of the woods. I’d like to see hundreds of groups joining up and helping to remove unwanted rubbish from around the beautiful areas we have in the city. Even if you think it doesn’t need a clean, you could join a group or register a group so that we have many smaller groups working to make our city one of the cleanest in Australia.”
Cr Bradbery will launch Clean Up Australia Day in Wollongong at Fred Finch Park, Berkeley, on Wednesday 26 February 2014 at 11am.
Wollongong last year had a record number of schools involved with over 40 schools registered to take part in Clean Up Australia Day and another 30 registration points established throughout the city from Helensburgh to Windang and West to Dapto.
Clean Up Australia Day Registration Points.
SATURDAY March 1.
* Austinmer Boat Ramp, 8.30am – 10am.
SUNDAY March 2.
* Old Mine Surgery, Parks Street, Helensburgh, 10am – 1pm.
* Tennis Courts, Otford Road, Otford, 9am – 12pm.
* Thirroul SLSC, 9am – 1pm Whartons Creek, Bulli, meet in cul-de-sac bottom of Willcath St Bulli, 3pm – 5pm.
* Corrimal SLSC, meet near cycleway, Lake Parade East Corrimal, 9am – 11am.
* Puckeys Estate, meet at Boardwalk Squires Way, North Wollongong, 9am – 1pm.
* Stuart Park, North Wollongong, meet near Lagoon, 11am – 2pm.
* Battery Park, Cliff Road, North Wollongong, 9am – 12pm.
* City Beach, Marine Road, Wollongong 9am – 1pm.