YOUTH Week in Wollongong will be celebrated with nine days of events and activities including art markets, live music, movie nights, a ‘Big Day In’ and a great debate with the city’s Lord Mayor.
Wollongong Youth Services Co-ordinator Toby Schaefer-Darling said Youth Week is a chance for young people to celebrate, showcase their talents and have their voices heard. “Whether you’re into art, music, skateboarding, current affairs, shopping, movies or just socialising Youth Week in Wollongong has something for you. There’s no cost to come along to any of the events and they’re open to anyone aged 12 to 25.”
A highlight this year is the Globe Lane Art Markets (GLAM) which were planned and are being run by local young people.
“We put a call our earlier this year for people to get involved and the response has been fantastic. We’ll have stallholders, live music and performers in Globe Lane from 4.30pm on Friday 11th,” said Mr Schaefer-Darling.
Youth Week in Wollongong will officially begin on Friday with the launch of the Reflections Art Exhibition showcasing the diverse talents of our local young artists.
Wollongong Youth Week 2014 events:* Friday 4 April – Reflections Art Exhibition, Wollongong Youth CentreSaturday
* 5 April – Big Day In, Warrawong Community Centre.
* Wednesday 9 April – Lord Mayor’s Great Debate of the Ages, Council Administration Building.
* Wednesday 9 April – Performance in the Arts Precinct.
* Thursday 10 April – 2014 Brouhaha Youth Cabaret, Wollongong Youth Centre.
* Thursday 10 April – Movie and Pizza Night at Wollongong Library.
* Friday 11 April – Globe Lane Art Markets (GLAM).
For more information you can contact Council’s Customer Service on (02) 4227 7111 or visit Council’s website.