WOLLONGONG City Council has accepted a tender for $382,000 to refurbish the ageing Corrimal Surf Life Saving Club.
Council accepted a tender from Wollongong construction company Piruse Constructions, to repair the surf club.
A Council inspection of the external façade of the building showed that the lintels and roof sheeting are suffering from severe exposure, water damage and deterioration. Works will include:
- Removal and replacement of roof sheeting
- Removal of asbestos from the eaves and replacement of fascia and guttering
- Replacement of corroded lintels over the majority of openings
- Replacement of roller door
- The removal of all failing paint finishes, re-rendering and recoating of the entire building
- Repair and replacement to areas affected by concrete cancer.
Works are expected to begin by the start of May.
The Surf Club dates back to 1912.