WORK has started on renewing the ageing and deteriorating Corrimal Surf Life Saving Club building.
The Contractor for Wollongong City Council begun works on site this week.
Council conducted an inspection of the surf club last year and found that the external façade of the building, lintels and roof sheeting are all suffering from severe exposure, water ingress and deterioration. Council has developed a scope of works to address these issues that will extend the life of the building.
- Removal and replacement of roof sheeting
- Removal of asbestos eaves and replacement of fascia and guttering
- Replacement of corroded lintels over the majority of openings
- Replacement of roller door
- The removal of all failing paint finishes, re-rendering and re-painting the entire building
- Rectification of concrete cancer
The tendered cost of the project is $472,000 and the works are estimated to be completed by September 2015, weather permitting, in time for the surf lifesaving season.
For more information you can contact Customer Service on 02 4227 7111.