A RESPONSIBLE Pet Ownership day will be held next Tuesday (September 8) at Thirroul Reserve, Cliff Parade Thirroul.
The day will include a range of activities with professional pet service providers, Council’s Animal Control Officers and the RSPCA. There will be free information sessions in conjunction with the RSPCA, Housing NSW and the Office of Local Government.
On the day Wollongong residents who have a seniors card or who are low income earners can receive free microchipping.
There will also be a free “check your chip” program on the day, free talks, loads of information on pet ownership, pet health, the benefits of desexing, training techniques and animal behavioural issues.
If attending with your pet, all dogs must be on a collar and lead and all cats are to be transported in a secure carry cage.
To be eligible for free microchipping, you will need to provide proof that you are a resident of Wollongong City, and as a pensioner, low income earner (for instance the holder of a Low Income Health Care Card), or full-time student ID (over 18 years old). Microchipping is free for residents who qualify, however a gold coin donation is encouraged in support of the RSPCA.
The day includes:
- FREE microchipping for Wollongong residents who are pensioners, low income earners and full-time students. Please note, you’ll need to provide proof you meet one of these conditions.
- FREE “Check your chip” will be available for all existing pet owners to update contact details and check any pet information on the spot.
- FREE health checks and discount vouchers for local pet care services.
- DISCOUNTED vaccinations, nail trims and gland expressions, on the spot services from $5.
- Interactive deomonstrations and FREE expert tips for a healthier, happier pet with local vets, animal trainers and the RSPCA team.
- Issue specific talks – loads of information and Q&A sessions on local issues such as dogs on beaches and off-leash areas.
What: Responsible Pet Ownership Event
Where: Community Event Thirroul Beach Reserve
When: Tuesday 8 September between 12 noon and 3pm Cliff Parade, Thirroul
For more information you can contact Wollongong City Council on 02 4227 7111
No comments yet.