OVER the next four years a number of projects building new and upgrading footpaths and pedestrian works will get underway in Stanwell Park.
The works are included in Wollongong City Council’s Capital Works Program and will enhance public safety and create better access around the northern beaches village.
To run through the wide range of projects planned for the area, Council staff will host an information session this Saturday, June 17. It will be held Stanwell Park CWA Hall, 15 The Drive, Stanwell Park, from 10.15am to 12.15pm.
All community members are encouraged to come along to the session to find out about the projects. For those unable to make it to the Stanwell Park CWA Hall, there is loads of information on Council’s Have Your Say website.
Projects to be discussed and information provided include:
- Railway Crescent – completion of footpath link to rail station and carpark upgrade
- Lawrence Hargrave Drive and the Lawrence Hargrave Drive local road –safety improvement to intersection
- Lawrence Hargrave Drive local road north of Station Street intersection – footpath upgrade
- Stanwell Park Commercial Area Stage 2 upgrade (Station Street intersection and Lower Coast Road intersection] – streetscape upgrades
- Grand Pacific Walk Section 4 (from Lawrence Hargrave Drive north of Murrawal Road intersection)
- Stanwell Park Reserve – new footpath
- The Drive – reconstruction
For more information visit Council’s website or you can contact Council’s Customer Services on (02) 4227 7111.