By MICK ROBERTS ©
WANIORA Point, the parkland fronting Bulli Beach was for the early part of last century known locally as Point Peter or Floyd’s Point.
Peter Floyd, son of Bulli publican and butcher Jack Floyd, inherited 20 acres of land fronting Bulli beach, stretching westward to the South Coast railway, between Owen Street and Farrell Road, north to Bulli Park during the late 19th century and early 20th century. His farm house sat on the hill, off the northern side of Farrell Road.
Just months before his death at the young age of 47 on April 17 1913, Peter donated three acres or 1.2ha of land fronting the beach to Bulli Shire Council for public recreation. It wasn’t Peter’s first donation to the Shire, with the wealthy bachelor giving land for a road on the…
View original post 716 more words