NSW Fire and Rescue says a gas heater explosion at Helensburgh on Tuesday sends a timely reminder for people to check their heating systems ahead of the colder Winter months.
Emergency services were called to the Walker Street home following a gas heater explosion about 6.30pm on Tuesday.
With NSW Ambulance paramedics treated a male occupant for burns, while firefighters utilised a detector to rule out any gas in the atmosphere, along with a thermal imaging camera to ensure there was no further heat generated from the explosion.
A spokesperson for Fire & Rescue Helensburgh said the incident serves as a timely reminder coming into winter to check heating systems thoroughly before use and follow important safety advise at fire.nsw.gov.au/winter
YOU can also make a small donation towards the running of The Bulli & Clifton Times and/or the Looking Back websites through Paypal. If you would like to support my work, you can leave a small tip here of $2, or several small tips, just increase the amount as you like. Your generous patronage of my work and research, however small it appears to you, will greatly help me with my continuing costs.