BY removing valuable items from display and locking your vehicle, you significantly reduce the likelihood of being a victim of crime.
Wollongong police are warning residents to be vigilant after a spate of thefts from vehicles in the north in recent months.
Police warn that most thieves break into cars because they see something they want inside. Thieves will break windows and damage locks in a matter of seconds in order to steal your valuables.
- Close all windows and lock all doors.
- Never leave valuable items in view; remove GPS, cradle, phones, iPods, laptops, CD’s, money, sunglasses, bags, clothes, sporting equipment to name a few.
- Don’t place items in your boot, console or under your front seat; you never know who is watching. lf it’s valuable, take it with you.
- Don’t leave loose change within view; thieves will do hundreds of dollars worth of damage to steal small amounts of money.
- Power cables from cigarette lighter sockets are signs of a valuable item probably hidden in the vehicle. Remove these from view.
YOU can also make a small donation towards the running of The Bulli & Clifton Times and/or the Looking Back websites through Paypal. If you would like to support my work, you can leave a small tip here of $2, or several small tips, just increase the amount as you like. Your generous patronage of my work and research, however small it appears to you, will greatly help me with my continuing costs.
No comments yet.