IN response to an increase in COVID-19 cases, changes to restrictions are being introduced under a NSW Government Public Health Order that will include Wollongong’s northern suburbs.
These rules and restrictions apply to Wollongong, Greater Sydney, and the Central Coast from today, Monday December 21 2020.
The following restrictions are now in place:
- The number of visitors allowed in a place of residence will be limited to 10 people. The total number of visitors includes adults and children. The limit to the number of visitors applies until midnight on December 23 2020.
- A maximum of 10 people are permitted in holiday homes and short-term rentals unless everyone is from the same household.
- This applies until midnight on December 23 2020. However, for premises that had already been rented out to more than 10 people before December 21, the people can continue to stay there.
- Existing capacity requirements of one person per two square metres will be tightened to one person per four square metres in indoor areas.
- A maximum of 300 people, subject to the one person per four square metres rule applies for each separate area of hospitality venues and places of public worship.
- Religious services held indoors are limited to a maximum of 300 people, subject to the one person per four square metres rule.
- Singing and chanting at indoor venues will not be allowed.
- Dance floors will not be permitted, except for weddings, where a maximum of 20 people from the bridal party will be permitted.
For information about what you can and can’t do under the rules, and a list of Local Government Areas affected by the changes, visit NSW Government website.
Can you help with a small credit card donation?
Would you like to make a small donation towards the publishing of The Bulli & Clifton Times and/or the Looking Back websites? If you would like to support my work, you can leave a small donation here with your credit card. Your generous patronage of my work and research, however small it appears to you, will greatly help me with my continuing costs.
Or donate through PayPal
PAYPAL TIP JAR
YOU can also make a small donation towards the running of The Bulli & Clifton Times and/or the Looking Back websites through Paypal. If you would like to support my work, you can leave a small tip here of $2, or several small tips, just increase the amount as you like. Your generous patronage of my work and research, however small it appears to you, will greatly help me with my continuing costs.