SIGNIFICANT delays are expected on train services throughout the Illawarra today (Friday July 1 2022), due to ongoing industrial action.
Sydney Trains and NSW TrainLink Intercity services will run to a reduced timetable and some services will be cancelled.
Customers travelling across the Illawarra, Greater Sydney, Blue Mountains, Central Coast and Newcastle are encouraged to delay all non-essential travel on regional trains. Customers should consider alternative travel options and plan your journey, allowing extra time with delays, cancellations, and a significantly reduced timetable in operation on Friday. There is no change to services on the Hunter and Southern Highlands lines.
- Reduced services will operate on the T1 North Shore & Western, T2 Inner West and Leppington, T3 Bankstown, T4 Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra, T8 Airport & South, and the T9 Northern Line.
- There will be no train services operating on the T5 Cumberland Line between Richmond and Leppington. Customers can change at Granville to complete their journey.
- A weekend frequency will operate on the Blue Mountains and Central Coast & Newcastle lines.
Buses will replace trains on the following lines:
- T3 Bankstown line between Lidcombe and Bankstown
- T7 Olympic Park Line between Olympic Park and Lidcombe
- T8 Airport & South Line between Campbelltown and Macarthur
- South Coast Line between Wollongong and Kiama and Wollongong and Port Kembla.
Travelling to the Airport:
The impact of limited train services coupled with the start of school holidays means the Sydney Airport stations and the roads will be busier than usual. Anyone travelling to the Airport stations is urged to not travel by train.
To help with traffic flow on the roads, Transport for NSW will open all transit lanes to all motorists on Friday 1 July. This means if you travel in a T2 or T3 lane you will not be fined.
For the latest traffic updates visit livetraffic.com
Free subscription to the latest Bulli & Clifton Times news stories
PAYPAL TIP JAR
YOU can support the The Bulli & Clifton Times and/or the Looking Back local history websites with a donation through PayPal. Your generous patronage of my work and research, however small it appears to you, will greatly help me with my continuing costs, and help support independent journalism and local news media. You can leave a small tip here of $2, or several small tips, just increase the amount as you like. Your support helps provide an independent and free source of local news and information.
OR DONATE BY DEBIT OR CREDIT CARD
Don’t have PayPal? Instead, you can make a small donation towards the publishing of The Bulli & Clifton Times and/or the Looking Back websites with your credit or debit card. If you would like to support my work, you can leave a $2 donation here by tapping or clicking on the button below. Your generous patronage of my work and research, however small it appears to you, will greatly help me with my continuing costs.