THERE is a range of funding grants now available through Wollongong City Council to support community events, heritage projects, bands and choirs, NAIDOC Week celebrations and other cultural activities in the region.
Wollongong Lord Mayor Gordon Bradbery said there are people in the community who find getting their big ideas off the ground without financial assistance.
“For many years now we have offered a range of grants to help individuals or groups with financial or in-kind support,” Cr Bradbery said.
”They are made to support programs, projects and events that strengthen community ties and bring people together. It’s these relationships that create a safer and more interconnected community, and in turn creates a more vibrant and liveable city.
“I encourage applicants to visit Council’s website, check out the range of programs available and make a submission that is as detailed as possible. When it comes to assessment, this additional detail can help us get a sense of what you are proposing.”
These programs are accepting applications until March 31 2023:
- Band and choir grants: This program supports not-for-profit bands and choirs that are based in Wollongong LGA and perform locally at public events.
- Community event grants: This program aims to encourage a wider range of events, particularly those that bring social and economic benefits to the local area.
- Heritage grants: This program encourages conservation projects in heritage places and helps to conserve items that have local cultural significance.
- NAIDOC Week grants: This program aims to get as many people as possible involved in NAIDOC Week (July 2-9, 2023) and celebrate the history, culture and achievements of the local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
- Small cultural grants: This program supports a broad range of activities to build cultural industry, and encourage people to get involved
For full details on these opportunities and more as they open throughout the year, visit the Apply for a Grant page on Council’s website.
Free subscription to The Bulli & Clifton Times
PAYPAL TIP JAR
YOU can support The Bulli & Clifton Times and/or the Looking Back local history websites with a donation through PayPal. Your generous patronage of my work and research, however small it appears to you, will greatly help me with my continuing costs, and help support independent journalism and local news media. You can leave a small donation here of $2, or several small donations, just increase the amount as you like. Your support helps provide an independent and free source of local news and information
OR DONATE BY DEBIT OR CREDIT CARD
Don’t have PayPal? Instead, you can support my work by leaving a secure $2 debit or credit card donation. Your generous patronage of my work and research, however small it appears to you, will greatly help with my continuing publication costs.
No comments yet.