WOLLONGONG City Council has accepted tenders for five major projects from Bulli to Helensburgh valued at more than $1.56 million.
The six projects include:
- Refurbishment of Rex Jackson Oval grandstand, Helensburgh [$208,606]
- Replacement of retaining wall and renewal of carpark at Stanwell Park Children’s Centre [$179,966]
- Upgrade and refurbishment of Coalcliff Rock Pool [$707,914]
- Replacement of roof at Coledale Beach and camping ground amenities [$221,023]
- Construction of four relocatable ensuite blocks at Bulli Beach Tourist Park [$247,600]
Works on these projects is expected to begin in the next few months on these projects.
Wollongong Lord Mayor Gordon Bradbery said these works highlight how Council is upgrading and enhancing many of the city’s important assets.
“These projects are happening for the enjoyment and benefit of all our community. We are upgrading an ageing sportsground grandstand, putting in new relocatable blocks at one of our tourist parks, upgrading the magnificent Coalcliff rock pool and upgrading car parks and amenities buildings,” Cr Bradbery said.