Following feedback from more than 1,400 library customers and analysis of library usage, Wollongong City Council approved new opening hours. Major changes to library opening times include:
- District libraries at Corrimal, Thirroul, Dapto and Warrawong to open from 9.30am Monday to Friday; they are currently open at 10am Monday to Friday and at 1pm on Wednesday.
- All libraries to open from 9.30am to 1pm on Saturday (Wollongong Central Library will continue to open until 5.00pm)
- Additional opening hours at Thirroul – six hours per week, to create consistency with other District libraries.
- Augmented hours at Helensburgh – increase opening from 24 hours per week to 39.5 hours per week, close at 7pm Tuesday evenings.
- Consistent daily hours at Unanderra with no lunch time closure – increase operations by 5.5 hours per week.
- Earlier closure of Warrawong Library from 6pm (current) to 5pm Mon-Wed and from 6pm to 5pm Friday.
- Wollongong Central Library will close at 6pm on Friday, currently open until 8.30pm.
For more information you can contact Council’s Customer Service on (02) 4227 7111